Sometimes we don’t realize how thankful we are until something unfortunate happens to someone around us. Soon after, our intuition often kicks in and tells us to do a quick “gut check” on how we can protect ourselves.
Hopefully a few things come to mind like:
- Is my car in working order and is the insurance up to date?
- When was the last time we did a maintenance check throughout our home?
With many of the holidays around the corner, we often tighten the purse strings right?
Why not give the gift of safety?
Here is a quick winter guide when it relates to home and auto insurance, compliments of our family to yours!
- Do a safety check on all fire and carbon monoxide alarms throughout the house
- GIFT IDEA: updated alarms for new parents, aging friends, a new homeowner?
- Shutoff all water supply units to the exterior of the home
- GIFT IDEA: new water hoses along with a gift card to a hardware store
- Clean all dryer vents
- GIFT IDEA: a new dryer! Or a cool vacuum head attachment for cleaning dryers?
- Make sure that all window safety locks are in working order
- GIFT IDEA: a gift card for a cleaning service
- Stock up on ice melt and shovels
- GIFT IDEA: Who wouldn’t love some of those new ergonomic shovels?!
- Inspect all gutters
- GIFT IDEA: A new ladder! Now that will be fun to wrap.
- Schedule winter maintenance check
- GIFT IDEA: Gift card to a auto service garage
- Stock car with emergency supply kit – all of the below make excellent GIFT IDEAS!
- Phone Charger
- Non-perishable food
- Ensure that ice scrapers are in working order
- GIFT IDEA: Ice Scrapers of course!!
- Keep your gas tank above ¼ tank at all times
- GIFT IDEA: Now who wouldn’t love a few gift cards to gas stations?!
- Make sure all tires are inflated and have ample tread
- GIFT IDEA: Travel tire pressure gauge