Umbrella Insurance won’t protect you from raindrops, but not all of life’s potential troubles are weather-related. Instead, Umbrella Insurance for Shelton, Connecticut provides an important financial shield for you, your family, and your future.
While you may have Homeowners, Renters, Condo, or Auto insurance policies, Umbrella Insurance provides coverage for high-dollar claims that exceed those policies’ limits. As a result, it protects you from the economic burden of claims that otherwise would lead you into bankruptcy.
Examples of high-dollar claims can include:
- You or a family member being responsible for a car accident that results in someone needing long-term hospitalization, experiencing loss of income, and having emotional trauma.
- Your normally friendly dog bites and injures a neighbor’s beloved pet causing expensive veterinary bills.
- A visitor to your home is severely burned after falling into your backyard fire pit.
In many of these instances, legal fees will add to the cost of these expensive claims. Luckily, your Umbrella policy also covers these fees and protects you from financial ruin.
An additional area of protection offered by an Umbrella or Excess Uninsured Motorist policy is if you or a family member are the victim. Some examples:
- You or a family member are seriously injured in an accident caused by the other driver. The driver at fault has insufficient insurance or no insurance at all. You are left to cover your medical bills, loss of income, and replacement vehicle.
- You or a family member, as a passenger, are severely injured in an accident and the driver doesn’t have car insurance. Again, you are faced with paying your medical and other expenses related to the accident.
As a family-owned, independent insurance agent, the Keating Agency is able to offer Shelton, Connecticut Umbrella Insurance policies from a variety of providers. We work with more than two dozen companies, which allows us to tailor a policy exclusively for your needs.
Being an independent agency also means our loyalty isn’t with some faceless, big name insurance company. Our loyalty is to you, our neighbor and customer. Let us show you how we can protect you from life’s financial rainy days.