While most Americans are eligible for Medicare health insurance when they reach 65, it likely doesn’t cover all your health-care needs. That is where Medicare Supplement comes into play.
Medicare Supplemental Insurance is a private health policy that helps you pay the costs not covered by regular Medicare. Frequently referred to as Medigap, it can help pay such things as copayments and deductibles.
When shopping for a Medicare Supplement policy, some things to consider are:
- You must have Medicare Part A and Part B plans.
- Medigap is not a Medicare Advantage Plan and you cannot have both. It is only for those with original Medicare Insurance.
- Medigap only covers one individual. Couples must each have their own policy.
- Standard Medigap insurance is guaranteed renewable, even for those with health problems.
- Medigap does not cover prescription drugs.
- Medigap cannot pay your Medicare Part B deductible
One of the benefits of a Medigap insurance plan is that it can provide you with health coverage if you travel outside the United States. Original Medicare does not contain such coverage. Unfortunately, these policies generally don’t cover long-term care, vision or dental care, hearing aids, or private-duty nursing.
That is why you may want to work with a local, independent insurance agency like Keating Agency Insurance when looking for a Medicare Supplement. The Keating Agency is a third-generation, family-owned business with more than 50 years serving the community.
The Keating Agency has the knowledge and expertise to ask the right questions. Additionally, they have partnerships with nearly two dozen insurance companies. They can help you find you the right policy at the right price to meet your needs.
The Keating Agency can craft you a Medicare Supplement Insurance policy that is as individual as you are.