For the first time home buyer for Union, Connecticut excited about purchasing their first house, homeowner’s insurance might not spring immediately to mind. In fact, homeowner’s insurance – or, in this case, first time home buyer insurance – is not even required by law, unlike auto insurance. However, first time home buyer insurance is required by mortgage companies to protect the lender’s investment, so it’s important to understand the ins and outs of homeowner’s insurance so you can protect perhaps the biggest asset you’ll ever own.
At Keating Agency Insurance, we provide of wide range of services to help the first time home buyer for Union, Connecticut, including:
- Taking the time to understand your first time home buyer insurance needs completely
- Evaluate all the appropriate homeowner’s policies from the nation’s top-rated insurers
- Select the best first time home buyer insurance options to fit your needs and explain them to you
- Help you make the right decision
- Follow through with the insurance company and all the necessary paperwork
A home is probably the biggest single investment you’ll make, and being a first-time home buyer for Union, Connecticut, you’re probably overwhelmed with the complexity of the process, the size of the investment, and the commitment you are about to make. So before you buy your first home, make sure you’ve done your homework. From thoroughly checking out the house to saving money, here’s a handy Union, Connecticut first time home buyer checklist to help you successfully weather the experience:
- Invest in a good home inspection to discover any and all potential issues before you commit
- Know the time-on-market for the property so you can have a good idea of what and when you should be offering
- Negotiate credits and closing costs to help cover any repairs or replacements you might have to make and to minimize what you need to pay
- Do a final walk-through before signing to avoid surprises
- Save money by bundling your auto and first time home buyer insurance
Too many first time home buyers for Union, Connecticut leave homeowner’s insurance to the last minute. This mistake can leave you with limited options and cause you to rush your decision-making. That’s why it’s so important as a Union, Connecticut first time home buyer to talk with a knowledgeable agent here at Keating Agency Insurance. We can help you protect your new home and your peace-of-mind.