Finding the Right Condo Insurance
Looking for the right condominium? Be certain to look for the right condo insurance.
Whether you are entering the housing market for the first time or looking to downsize, condo living is a great option. The complex’s condo association bears the burden for most yardwork and snow removal. Also, the association is responsible for most external repairs.
However, the condo association is not responsible for everything
Condo insurance is a must have. This is because incidents that happen inside your unit are almost exclusively your responsibility. This is especially true if an incident was the result of your actions or negligence.
Condo insurance may provide protection if:
- Someone is injured in your unit as a guest
- A fire damages your unit and property
- Loss Assessment Protection for a loss exceeding the Association’s coverage limits
- Property is stolen from your unit or from your vehicle
- You need to stay in a hotel while your unit is repaired due to a covered loss like fire and wind, including damages from a tornado or hurricane
The Keating Agency is your local, independent insurance agency for five decades. We work with more than two dozen companies and can help you find the right condo insurance policy to meet your needs.