If you’re at home during a tornado watch, The Insurance Information Institute offers these safety tips:
• Make sure you know where all members of your household are
• Move cars that are parked outside into your garage
• Keep your house and car keys handy
• Watch the TV or listen to the radio for weather advisories and updates
• Move outdoor furniture and equipment indoors if time permits
• Remain indoors if you hear tornado sirens
If the tornado watch escalates to a warning, head to your basement if you have one, or go to an interior part of your home with no windows, such as a closet or bathroom.
Your West Hartford insurance agency is ready to serve all of your insurance needs. Call Keating Agency Insurance at 860-521-1420 today!