So, whether you plan to take the kiddies trick-or-treating or hunker down with a scary movie, the Keating Agency wants to help you have a safe and happy holiday.
Halloween Is Not Cancelled
Despite the rise in COVID-19 cases, Halloween in Connecticut is not cancelled. Rather, the Connecticut Department of Insurance issued an advisory for safe celebrating. Of course, it recommends against trick-or-treating. However, no actual ban on the activity has been made.
Instead, the state proposes home-based activities like virtual costume contests, candy scavenger hunts, and a scary movie night.
However, the Hartford Courant listed a number of locations throughout the state hosting socially-distant holiday activities. Some of these include:
- Tours of Wethersfield’s Bottolph-Williams House, which inspired for the children’s story The Witch of Blackbird Pond.
- Downton Mystic Ghost Stroll, a two-hour walking tour of rumored haunts in Mystic.
- The Fright Haven haunted house in Stratford.
- The Connecticut Trolley Museum offering Rides to the Dark Side.
- The Mark Twain House & Museum providing Graveyard Shift Ghost Tours focused on the history of paranormal beliefs and spooky happening at the house.
Of course, candy companies have a big stake in Halloween. Vox reports that some have put out color-coded maps to track COVID-19 risk levels in Unite States counties or created apps to allow children to trick-or-treat virtually.
Additionally, it reports that businesses that typically cater to the haunted holiday continue to do big business. Like other businesses, they changed to adapt to social distancing and the new era we live in.
Vox also reports that haunted attractions adapted to COVID-19. Because as scary as COVID-19 remains, people are still in the mood for a good scare. It allows us to experience the fight-or-flight response without actually being in danger.
Certainly, the Keating Agency wants to keep you safe from danger. We believe the information we offer allows you to make informed decisions.
For more than 50 years, the Keating Agency has been your local, independent insurance agency. Every day, we work to provide the information and products to help you protect everything important to you. The Keating Agency is here for you. Give us a call.