How about doing all that with some special offers/discounts from local merchants AND with you giving to Foodshare?
Well, you can do all that by getting your 2017 We Care Card today!
We are getting the word out about the 2017 We Care Card program that will support Foodshare from November 2nd through November 12th.
You can read all about the program, how well the 2016 program did and how/where you can purchase your We Care Card from on this We-Ha.com article.
Account Review | $10 Dunkin Donuts Card | Support Foodshare
There are many, many great organizations to give to but there is not a need more basic than being able to eat and drink.
You can support Foodshare with the Keating Agency by doing an Account Review and receiving your $10 Dunking Donuts card from us! That’s right, you put us to work, get a DD card and help fight hunger!
By supporting the We Care Card program, this is what your giving will help combat:
- 127,000 people (1 in 8) living in Hartford and Tolland Counties are food insecure, meaning they lack consistent access to enough food for an active, healthy life.
- More than 36,000 children (1 in 6 children) living in Hartford and Tolland Counties are food insecure.
- An estimated 40% of the food insecure people in Foodshare’s service area live in households with incomes too high to qualify for most federal nutrition assistance, including SNAP. These households rely on charitable programs like Foodshare to put food on the table.
- With help from more than 4,700 volunteers donating 44,068 hours of service last year—equal to 22 additional full-time employees—Foodshare provided enough food for 11.5 million meals to help our friends and neighbors in Greater Hartford.
- Mobile Foodshare provides a critical safety net of food assistance and nutrition, distributing 4.2 million pounds of food in 2016, through 71 partner sites.
- Seventy-six percent of the food we distribute is considered ‘Foods to Encourage.’ This is fresh, healthy food, including protein, dairy, grains and nearly 5 million pounds of fruits and vegetables.
Need more information, the We-Ha.com article has all the details and all the merchant offers. Take advantage of our $10 Dunkin Donuts card by setting up your account review appointment today which is good because:
- It helps Foodshare stamp out hunger
- It supports your local West Hartford Center and Blue Back Square merchants
- You get a nice cup of coffee (and more) from Dunkin Donuts
- You may save a bundle if we have a better company solution…after all, we are an independent agency that works for you!
Let’s make 2017 a new record for Foodshare and a nice way for you to enjoy some fine offers! Thank you in advance for your support.