The Keating Agency has been your local, independent insurance agent for more than 50 years in West Hartford, CT. We have relationships with more than two dozen insurance providers.
An Auto Insurance policy from an independent insurance agent means they have looked at multiple companies before helping you choose the right company and policy for your financial and coverage needs. That being said, it’s important to choose a policy that provides the kind of protection you need based on the vehicle you drive, how you drive it, and whether it’s just for personal use or there’s work-related driving to factor in.
Getting the right coverage starts with answering a number of questions, including:
- How much do you drive?
- Do you use your vehicle for work?
- What type of vehicle needs to be covered and where will it be parked?
- Will other people drive your vehicle?
- Do you own it outright or did you finance it?
Discover Your Options
Finding the right fit
Once you have the answers you can begin to consider the various coverage components:
- Liability coverage is required by virtually every state. It pays for damage or personal injury to another party when you’re responsible for an accident. Liability coverage typically has two components: property and bodily injury claims.
- Collision and comprehensive coverage Collision pays for damage to your vehicle – not the other driver’s – while comprehensive coverage pays for other mishaps such as theft, vandalism, or damage caused by weather.
- Medical payments coverage and personal injury insurance pay for medical care you might require as a result of a car accident. Some policies will even compensate you for lost wages. Personal injury protection coverage is usually more extensive than medical payments coverage.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage kicks in if you’re involved in an accident and the other driver is liable but doesn’t have insurance, has insufficient insurance, or flees the scene of the accident and his identity is unknown.